If you’re a blueberry lover, this delicious Blueberry Pound Cake is for you. It’s a moist, dense, buttery pound cake packed with plump, juicy blueberries.
If you’re a blueberry lover, this delicious Classic Blueberry Sour Cream Pound Cake is for you. It’s a moist, dense, buttery pound cake packed with plump, juicy blueberries. When blueberries are not on hand or are in season why not use frozen Blueberries? Frozen fruits & veggies are picked and packaged when in season.
Living in upstate New York we get to enjoy picking and eating fresh blueberries. That is of our kids favorite past time. My little Emily could pick a bush clean in a matter of 10 minutes. We call her the “pick-o-nator”. You can always tell when we had a day outside picking, hands and faces are covered. Such FUN!!
This Classic Blueberry Sour Cream Pound Cake just melts in your mouth and is full of refreshing delicious flavor. My family could not stop raving about it. In fact….we got away with eating it for breakfast. Desserts can be breakfast too! Right? Well it was a very special morning for us.
In case you are in need of a new tube pan, here is the one I used for this recipe. It is one of my favorite baking pans. It cleans up nice and I have had mine for a long long time.
Classic Blueberry Sour Cream Pound Cake
- Vegetable Spray
- 1 ¾ cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs, at room temp
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ cup frozen (Thawed) blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray tube pan with vegetable spray and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Mix until incorporated
- In separate bowl using a stand mixer, cream butter, vanilla and sugar. Mix for 2 minutes until fluffy. Once combined scrape down sides and add in eggs. Mix for another 2 minutes.
- Using spatulaadd in dry ingredients in batches to wet ingredients while mixing on low speed. Once combined, gently hand stir in blueberries.
- Transfer batter to prepared tube pan. Bake until golden brown. Using a tester insert in the center comes out clean. Bake for 60 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes prior to removing from pan. Place on serving dish and serve when complete cool.