How To Use Alka-Seltzer for Simple Solutions at Home
There’s more to Alka-Seltzer than reliving acid and indigestion discomfort. Alka-Seltzer can be used for many different things and become actual solutions. Probably things you have never even thought of using it on before. There are many myths about this cheap tablet, but there are also many things that are facts. Here are some great things you can do with Alka-Seltzer making you want to grab a bunch next time they are on sale.
1. Deep-clean vases by filling them with a mixture of warm water and tablets; soak them for an hour.
2. Speed-scrub the toilet twice a week by dropping two tablets in the bowl; 15 minutes later, brush with a toilet brush
3. Make an all-purpose cleaner by dropping three tablets into warm water. Once the fizzing stops, the cleaning can start.
4. Safely unclog a drain with three tablets. Drop them into the drain and then run hot water for a few seconds.
5. Polish Your Jewelry – Put two tablets in a glass of water and immerse your jewelry for two minutes. Remove, rinse and pat dry.
6. Remove Burn Marks From Cookware – Fill cookware or a dishpan (if stains are on the outside) with warm water, drop in 4 or 5 tablets and let sit for an hour.
7. Clean The Coffee Maker – Dissolve two tablets in the coffee pot then run the water through a brew cycle to clean out the tubes and other interior components. Do a brew cycle with plain water to rinse before making coffee.
8. Build rockets with the kids (My Personal Favorite) by filling an empty film canister halfway with warm water and dropping in half of a tablet. Quickly snap on the lid, put down the canister and watch it take off (best if done outside, for obvious reasons).
Are there any ways that you use Alka Seltzer other than for calming your tummy?