Best Creamy Chicken & Rice Soup Recipe!
It seem strange to say with the warmer weather that creamy chicken soup would be on the table for dinner, but it was requested by my kids. I love that no matter the weather soup is their choice. My kids can’t seem to get enough of this rich, creamy & veggie packed chicken soup.
The prep time for making this soup is roughly 30 minutes or so. Well worth the time and effort spend. Especially, when you see your picky eaters gobbling up this meal.
If you have some left over chicken this meal prep time will go a ton faster. You may also want to switch out the rice for a different type. Either way, .white or brown will certainly work in a pinch. (Just like in this recipe)
This is really a hearty chicken soup that is everything you need in one pot! Protein, veggies and my FAV Carbs.
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- ½ tsp Adobo Spice
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Carrots
- 1 Small Onion
- Frozen Corn, 10 oz bag
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- ¾ tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1 qt Chicken Stock
- ½ cup Uncooked Jasmine Rice
- 4 tbsp Cream Cheese
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- ¼ cup Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- Saute boneless chicken breast in olive 0il. Sprinkle with adobo seasoning. Cook until browned. Cut into bite size piece. Reserve for later use
- Puree carrots, onion & frozen corn in food processor.
- Heat olive oil in large stock pot over medium heat. Add in the puree vegetables. Season with salt, pepper & paprika. Cook for 8 minutes or until softened, but do not let brown. Add uncooked rice. Cook 1 - 2 minutes until rice turns translucent.
- Add chicken stock, chicken that was reserved and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mash the cornstarch into the cream cheese. Remove about a cup of the soup and whisk it into the cream cheese mixture until it is smooth and all lumps are gone.
- Stir until incorporated. Lastly add in fresh squeezed lemon juice just before serving.
Other Great Soup Recipes
- Lentil Vegetable Soup Recipe – Quick Meal
- Cheesy Vegetable Chowder – Easy 30 Minute Meal
- Hearty Turkey Chili Recipe! – In Under 30 Minutes