These super cheesy Delicious Steak Wraps are ready in just 15 minutes and packed with flavor! A cheese steak sandwich is a comfort food at best. If you love Philly cheese steak as much as my family does… you are going to enjoy this incredibly easy and simple recipe.
Delicious Steak Wraps with Cheese
The first key to good steak wraps is using the right cut of meat (skirt steak), and cutting it properly. Since the meat takes center stage here it is important to have a good quality cut. If you don’t see skirt steak at your butcher counter, ask your butcher if they have it on hand. Sometimes it isn’t readily available, but they are happy to get it for you for the future.
I buy my steak already shaved thin. Many butchers are happy to slice it for you, and some meat counters will already have it packaged that way. Thinly sliced skirt steak is the key to this fast cook time and still having tender steak. If you aren’t ale to have it shaved for you, then freeze the meat before cooking, and you’ll find a frozen steak much easier to cut thinly. I have a meat slicer on hand for making our own luncheon meats, and you could also use this for cutting your steak thinly.
We start off with a bit of oil, steak, peppers, onions, and of course some seasoning in a non-stick skillet.
With the steak cut so thinly, it cooks fast and easily. If you like your bell peppers and onions a bit more caramelized, you may want to start cooking them for a few minutes before adding your steak to the pan.
For these steak wraps, I drop the seasoning, sauce, and cheese directly into the skillet to melt. Having a non-stick pan is key for this step. If you prefer, you can just top the meat and vegetable mixture with cheese in the tortilla, but I think mixing together really combines the flavors.
- 1 lb shaved steak
- (or for a leaner version, choose roast beef from the deli!)
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 cup monterey jack shredded cheese
- 2 slices of white american cheese
- ½ cup orange shredded cheedar
- 8 - 6 or 8" soft tortillas
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- pinch salt & pepper
- olive oil for drizzling
- In a large skillet over medium heat, drizzle the olive oil, add the onions and peppers. Saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add the shaved steak , saute until all pink is cooked out of the steak.
- Season the steak with the garlic, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce and salt & pepper. Mix well.
- Reduce to simmer, add the american cheese (break it up into pieces) and Monterrey jack. Cover and let sit until melted. Remove the cover.
These delicious steak wraps are a great easy meal to fix that feel special but is inexpensive and easy to make. In under half an hour, you can have this hearty meal on the table for your family to enjoy!