All the flavors of Pumpkin Pie–plus a few yummy extras–go into this easy to make Crock Pot Bread Pudding Recipe. It is a one dish creation
Crock Pot Pumpkin Pie Bread Pudding
Do you love Pumpkin Pie? Are looking for an absolutely AMAZING dessert with no fuss and that is so easy to do; this recipe is for you. A one pot wonder to to speak. Think of this Crock Pot Pumpkin Pie Bread Pudding recipe as being completely versatile. The add in options are endless. Our family loves to eat it this right from the slow cooker. To be nice we will offer our guests a bowl. 🙂
This recipe is a combination of two classic recipes: bread pudding and pumpkin pie. I put this together on a whim and so glad that I decided to “experiment”. Taste is more comforting than sweet. Perfect for those cook and crisp fall evenings. I prefer to serve it warm with a nice scoop of ice cream or whipped cream.
Pumpkin Pie Bread Pudding Recipe
- Nonstick cooking spray or slow cooker liner
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin pie or 2 cups fresh pumpkin
- 1 5 oz can evaporated milk
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon -divide
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg – divide
- 2 tsp ground ginger – divide
- 1 tsp ground cloves – divide
- 1 box white cake mix
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Coat crock pot with nonstick spray.
- In crock pot combine pumpkin, evaporate milk, sugar, 1 tsp nutmeg, 1 tsp ginger, 1 tsp cinnamon and ½ tsp cloves. Spread evenly to coat bottom.
- In a medium bowl combine the rest of the spices with cake mix. Then sprinkle this mixture evenly on top of pumpkin mixture.
- Drizzle melted butter over cake mix mixture.
- Cover and cook for 2½ hours on high heat. Uncover and let stand 30 minutes prior to serving.
Pumpkin Pie Bread Pudding Additional Add in Options
- Toasted pecans or your favorite nut to cake mix mixture.
- Vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream
First you are going to want to toss in all your “wet ingredients” into your crock pot. Adding in some of the spices and sugar.
Make sure to mix well. The smell at this point is just heavenly. No need to light a candle. Your house is going to smell wonderful. After all you are making a delicious smelling dessert.
Take the left over spices and mix in a separate bowl. You will be sprinkling this mixture on top to form a top layer.
Lastly, add in the melted butter. Let cook on high heat for the next two and half hours. Then enjoy. You will want to eat a second bowl. After all, it will “Taste like more“. It is the best of both worlds in a dessert! So if you want to switch it up this Thanksgiving, go buy a simple box white cake mix and make this Crock Pot Pumpkin Pie Bread Pudding for your guest!
Other Fall Favorite Recipes
Don’t have a crock pot, but really want to find a good deal. Here are a suggestions