Salty Sweet Oatmeal Pretzel Cookies
These salty sweet oatmeal cookies are studded with chunks of raisins and pretzels before baking which gives them an addictive flavor. These cookies are part dessert, but mainly a snack (that is what I call them). They are more cookie-like, but sort of cracker-like too from the crispy crunch from the added pretzels.
I have to mention that these cookies are perfectly paired with a cup of tea or coffee. This is what makes them super addicting. Serve them as a simple dessert or grab them as an on-the-go snack or HECK you can make them as an on the go breakfast item. They are flexible little numbers and packet with whole grain rolled oats.
It may feel almost naughty to eat cookies for breakfast? But no need to feel that way. You can customize these cookies buy adding in dried fruit or nuts. The variations are endless
- 2 sticks butter
- ½ sugar
- ½ packed brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1½ flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pretzels, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup raisins
- Pre heat over to 375
- Beat together butter, sugars, baking soda & salt, until combined
- Add egg & vanilla, until combined
- Slowly add in flour & rolled oats.
- Hand combine raisins & crushed pretzels to batter, chill 1 hour
- Roll into 1 inch ball, place on ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake 13 - 15 minutes
Other Great Tasting Cookie Recipes