This easy chocolate marshmallow fudge is ultra thick, smooth, creamy, and extra chocolatey. All you need is one bowl, a few ingredients, and a sauce pan!
World’s Best & Easiest Chocolate Fudge!
Chocolate Addicts BEWARE this stuff is highly addictive! Sinfully rich, decadent, and creamy. It is wonderful to eat and just so simple to make. Making a great dessert doesn’t have to be complex. In fact this recipe puts many complicated desserts to shame. This may end up being your one dessert dishes that get requested at every function. This is one of those recipes for me.
For this recipe, I purchase regular ol’ marshmallows. I suppose you could get away with using fluff, but I do find that using regular marshmallows are less messy and less expensive to purchase (My frugal mind at work). Fudge should not cost you an arm and leg to make.
See below for step by step photos.
Easy Chocolate Marshmallow Fudge Recipe
This recipe for fudge is a classic one from my childhood. I like it because it requires no special equipment or ingredients — just sugar, chocolate chips, marshmallows, evaporated milk, salt, butter and vanilla. Even a candy thermometer is optional.
- 7 oz of Marshmallows
- 1½ cups white sugar
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- 1 stick unsalted Butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 - 12 oz bag of semi sweet morsels
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- Line an 8x8 inch pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. lightly grease. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine marshmallow cream, sugar, evaporated milk, butter, vanilla and salt. Bring to a full boil, and cook until whole marshmallows are melted, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and pour in semisweet chocolate morsels. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Add in chopped nuts
- Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle top with a few extra chopped nuts
- Chill in refrigerator overnight or until firm
Step 1 – Place all ingredients, except chocolate morsels and chopped nuts into sauce pan.
Step 2 – Stir constantly to melt down marshmallows. Carefully watch to make sure you do not overcook.
Step 3 – This is what your sauce pan should look like before adding in your chocolate.
Step 4 – Add in chocolate morsels and chops nuts. Folding in until completely incorporated.
Step 5 – Not pictured- Take your fudge mixture and pour into your greased and foiled pan, top with more nuts. Place in fridge overnight or until firm. I like to line my pans with parchment paper so I can lift out the fudge and cut on a cutting board instead of in the pan.
Cut into slices and enjoy. This will not last long in your house. There are times you just crave chocolate. Chocolate Marshmallow Fudge. You want it now. Time to get cookin.