Do you LOVE Buffalo wing, but hate the mess? If you do, you’ll love these Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels. These are the PERFECT party food. This is a classic appetizer with a football twist, make ahead and perfect for any game day or your next family get together. Whether you serve them with blue cheese or ranch dressing these little chicken bites are the best! They have that spicy vinegar taste with the creamy cheesy flavor of the dressing.
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels Appetizer
One of the hardest things that I deal with is portion control. SERIOUSLY!! When Buffalo Chicken Dip is in front of me my will power goes away and I keep dipping in and not realizing how much I have eaten. These Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels will allow you to “watch” what you are eating.
Pick whatever buffalo sauce you prefer, but we love Frank’s Hot Sauce. It’s a classic flavor that is almost always on sale with coupons available. That’s a win-win in my book.
Mix your ingredients together and place on a tortilla. We used plain flour tortillas, but you can find some fun flavored options if you prefer. Thinner tortillas work best for this recipe and have fewer calories.
Roll the tortillas into a pinwheel shape. Slice into 1″-2″ sections and place on a baking sheet.
Sprinkle the tops with cheese and pop into the oven to melt and crisp. A little cheese goes a long way on these Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels.
I like to serve these Cheesy Chicken Buffalo Pinwheels with them on their side, with a toothpick stuck in the top of them. No matter how you display them, I’m sure that you’ll find that they are gone in no time.
A side of extra hot sauce, ranch dressing, or even bleu cheese dressing is great for dipping. They make an amazing appetizer, snack, or game day treat!
- 1 breast of chicken from a rotisserie chicken
- (or precooked chicken of your choice)
- ¼ cup buffalo wing sauce
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- 2 flour tortillas (we used 8 inch)
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 1 green onion
- salt & pepper
- Chop the chicken into small diced pieces.
- Finely chop the parsley and green onion.
- Mix the chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, parsley, green onion and a pinch of salt & pepper into a bowl.
- Spoon some filling onto a flour tortilla about 1 inch from the bottom edge of the tortilla.
- Fold the tortilla over the filling and begin to roll up tightly.
- ***TIP*** when it is ¾ of the way rolled up, I use my finger to spread some ranch dressing on the edge to help stick the tortilla together.
- Slice into 1 inch pieces, stick a toothpick through to hold together and place on a cookie sheet.
- Top with shredded cheese. Place under the broiler for about 3 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Serve with ranch and/or buffalo sauce for dipping!