Easy Weeknight Barbecue Meatloaf
I often make many varieties of meatloaf… sometimes the Italian version with breadcrumbs, garlic, eggs, etc… This version is a tasty and very simple Barbecue Meatloaf. I call this one an inspiration for my love of summer. We can’t seem to have lovely warm weather in the winter. So I thought, lets turn one of our family favorite comfort food recipes into a summer version we can have on a chilly weeknight.
Don’t settle for your old plain version of meatloaf. I know… you’re excited, and I’m just as excited to share it with you.
By the way……It’s so easy I think you should make it for dinner… tonight!
Please dumb the loaf pan and grab out your cooking rack. Don’t forget to cover in foil for easy clean up.
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce, plus ½ cup
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- pinch salt & pepper
- preheat the oven to 325
- There are two tricks to this meatloaf ! Ready .... here goes :
- Ditch the loaf pan ! (and the grease) Cover a cooling rack with aluminum foil, poke holes in the foil
- for the grease to drip through. This will crisp the bottom of the meatloaf and keep it from being greasey.
- Cook it low and slow. Baking this meatloaf on 325 instead of 375 will help to keep it moist.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg with an electric mixer. Whip it good! Add the mayonnaise, BBQ sauce, and seasonings.
- Whip it again! Add the ground beef, hand fold in the bread crumbs. Shape into a loaf and place on the foil.
- Place the foil wrapped cooling rack onto a large cookie sheet.
- Cover with Barbecue sauce.
- Bake for 1 hour or until medium well to well done in the middle.
- Serve with mashed potatoes of course !